One of the best ways to keep your facility clean and presentable is have a professional commercial floor cleaning company bring your vinyl composite tile (VCT) flooring back to life.
VCT floors offer a unique air cushioning that insulates against cold and improves sound absorption in almost all commercial space. VCT flooring is ideal for heavy traffic and noisy areas in commercial office buildings, industrial warehouses, retail spaces, restaurant bars, educational institutions, and even churches. With proper restoration and regular VCT flooring maintenance, you can retain a more professional look for decades.
- Sweeping and mopping will help prevent your VCT floor from scratching and staining – ensuring your VCT floor a long life. These two VCT maintenance tasks are the primary activities that you must perform on regular, or even on a daily basis. How often these tasks need to be completed depend on the amount of traffic and soil your facility accumulates.
- Stripping and waxing as needed is also important to VCT maintenance. Removing the existing wax finish from your floor and applying the new one requires some knowledge of flooring chemicals and equipment. Often facility managers leave this task to professional VCT floor cleaning companies.
- For stripping, floor buffers are used at low speed on the vinyl to take off the existing wax. This is a labor intensive job. For areas with high wax accumulation, stripping process may need to be repeated. After the finish is removed, the floor should be rinsed to remove any residue of old wax.
- Using a mop, the new VCT finish is applied in coats. The floor should be dried completely between coats, adding as many coats you wish. Depending on the shine you hope to achieve and the finish you are using, generally, 4-5 coats will give you a medium shine.
- After the last coat of wax dries, your floor is ready to walk on. But, you still need a high speed buffering to restore the shine of your floor. However, avoid doing any high speed buffing or polishing for at least two days after the last coat of wax is applied.
Nothing beats a good VCT waxing and VCT buffing. This type of regular maintenance will elongate the life of commercial and industrial floor surfaces.
No matter what size your burnishing, buffing and waxing project is, you need to have an excellent relationship with a VCT floor cleaning company that has experience with vinyl composite tile (VCT). Finding a trusted contractor to assist you with your floor care for your facility is easier than you may think. A Mug You Can Trust uses the most professional and eco-friendly equipment, techniques and top-rated commercial floor cleaners. This East Valley VCT floor cleaning company will help you revitalize and protect your VCT flooring for years to come.
Whether you’re looking for floor burnishing, floor buffing, or floor waxing for VCT, the East Valley experts at A Mug You Can Trust can help you keep your facilities flooring in top notch condition. With more than 35 years of floor cleaning experience in the Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, Apache Junction, Queen Creek, Tempe, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, and Phoenix, Arizona areas, A Mug You Can Trust uses state-of-the-art equipment providing exceptional results for homes, commercial and retail businesses. A Mug You Can Trust values their customers by doing what they say they’ll do, on time, for one guaranteed price, with no hidden charges.